Player type: Right Arm medium/ left hand bat
Playing Role: All Rounder
Teams: Norwich Wanderers 1st XI 2000-2011, Greerton Prem XI 2009 – 2010 and Swardeston 1st XI 2012 – present
Career best batting: 92 vs Clacton
Career best bowling: 7 for 28 vs Norwich CC (for N Wanderers)
1. What is your proudest cricket achievement?
Watching Swardeston win the National Double from the physio bench.
2. Who is the best cricketer you have played with?
Can’t choose, Ross Taylor or Muhammad Wasim.
3. What is your favourite ground other than The Common?
4. What one tip (advice) would you pass on to our juniors?
Work hard, train hard, play hard.
5. How did your love of cricket blossom and develop, do your family or relatives play?
I was about to give up senior club cricket at the age of 19 when a former Swardeston player Ali Ponder invited/forced me along to preseason nets with Norwich Wanderers in 2005 and never looked back. He then went on to lead me to move to Swardeston.
6. Do you have a nickname, and if so please explain its significance?
Jezwar – not totally sure of origin but JT came up with it, he knew an old cricketer with that nickname.
7. Which team-mate has the best taste in clothes?
8. Which team-mate is the tidiest in the changing room?
9. Which team-mate has the best taste in music?
10. In your opinion who is the funniest player at the club?
Mark Thomas or George Walker.
11. What other sports do you enjoy playing and would recommend to youngster to play and which may complement their cricket?
Rugby, hockey, tennis, golf. Play as many sports as you can, for as long as you enjoy playing them. Enjoyment is key and playing a variety of sports will hone your adaptability, focus, competitiveness and technique in the different environments the individual sports offer.