Player type: Former spinning all-rounder, now batting part-time bowling all-rounder.
Playing role: Whatever suits the team to get a win.
Teams: Swardeston, Norfolk, Leicestershire, Loughborough University, University of New South Wales.
Career best batting: 102
Career best bowling: 9-48 and 7-48 for Norfolk in single game vs Cambridgeshire. Best figures for Norfolk since the war.
- What is your proudest cricket achievement?
First class debut vs Kent at Canterbury. Special ground when the tree was still there and a certain Steve Waugh was playing for Kent.
- Who is the best cricketer you have played with?
Phil de Freitas or Brad Hodge
- What is your favourite ground other than The Common?
Lords, SCG or Empire in Barbados.
- What one tip (advice) would you pass on to our juniors?
Be polite to people taking time to give Advice- don’t have to take it on board but always listen.
- How did your love of cricket blossom and develop, do your family or relatives play?
Played with elder brothers in the back garden at a young age with them trying to hit me in the head. Brotherly love
- Do you have a nickname, and if so please explain its significance?Walks, wakker, Leverock – Bermuda’s finest. Or G. (You have to say G in an elongated way in the style of JT)
- Which team-mate has the best taste in clothes?
Denners normally has all the gear! Has learnt well off big Pete “Ralph Lauren” Thomas, however young Edwardo and Mark Taylor are always impeccably dressed by Susana.
- Which team-mate is the tidiest in the changing room?
Simsy normally has everything nicely folded and clothes on hangers.
- Which team-mate has the best taste in music?
Jez can come up with some decent mixes but probably because we are similar in age and the invention of Spotify.
- In your opinion who is the funniest player at the club?
The Goon is normally good value for a laugh and don’t underestimate Graysy when he is let loose!
- What other sports do you enjoy playing and would recommend to youngster to play and which may complement their cricket?
As many different sports as possible! Don’t put your eggs in one basket – I think skills from a variety of sports will ultimately help with your cricket in the long run.
Motto – always celebrate a win! You never know when they will stop.