A MUST READ for all those planning a visit to CEYMS Hilltops this summer.
Please read this document before coming to the ground, whether as player or spectator, so you know how our Covid-19 controls measures will affect you.
Please make every effort to comply with these guidelines, respecting all other visitors and remembering that we are implementing new procedures so some processes may take longer than normal. All players will be required to agree to following these guidelines as a condition of play.
Above all, please stay at least 2 meters (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble).
Swardeston Trustees have carried out a risk assessment of CEYMS Hilltops and you can read that here.
ECB playing guidelines
The ECB have provided guidelines for safe practice of cricket, these rules must be adhered to by all players. Below is a summarised version of playing conditions. Please make sure you have read and understand the content.
- Players should not attend or participate in any cricketing activity if they show any symptoms of Covid 19
- No sweat or saliva is to be applied to the ball at any time
- Players should sanitise hands during all breaks in play and every 6 overs
- Social distancing should be adhered to during wicket celebrations and drinks breaks
- Players are to remain socially distanced at all times – wicket keepers and slip should be no closer than 1m from each other.
- Batters are to run in distinct marked running lines between the wicket to ensure they are not within 2m of each other or and bowler.
- Players are to use their own equipment throughout preventing cross contamination
- Players bats are to be cleaned when leaving the field of play
- Umpires are not permitted to touch the ball at anytime
- Umpires should be responsible for the stumps nearest to them, players should not touch the stumps
- Scorers should sanitize hands at regular intervals and minimise the sharing of pens/score-book whilst maintaining social distance at all times.
- The total number of players and officials is limited to 30 per match.
Cricket at CEYMS Hilltops, Swardeston
In order for competitive cricket to safely resume at CEYMS Hilltops, there are guidelines that Swardeston Trustees have outlined for all players to adhere to.
(Information for spectators is in a separate communication).
- Players will be required to bring their own teas and drinks, no teas/drinks will be provided by the club..
- Players will be requested to bring their own hand sanitiser with them to matches. Sanistisation stations will be available at the ground too.
- If required players can bring their own chairs, as there will be none available for use at Hilltops.
- Players should arrive ready to play, changing facilities will not be available.
- While batting, players will have their own off area in front of the clubhouse to use during games. When fielding kit should be stored in cars.
- One dressing room will be a designated room for people feeling ill, which is the far room in the new extension (the room nearest to the road).
- One dressing room will be designated a privacy room for players preparing to bat and changing after batting. One player at a time please.
- Social distancing should be followed by everyone whilst at Hilltops, including parking, playing, breaks in play and after the match.
- In the event of rain, players may need to shelter in cars, there will be no inside shelter available.
- All U16 players should have a parent/guardian that remains at the ground throughout their attendance.
- Spectators wishing to attend cricket matches at the club are not included within the restricted number of 30 participants per cricket match. Therefore attendance at Hilltops will not be restricted, however government guidelines currently dictate the spectators should congregate in numbers no greater than 6, and maintaining 2m social distance whenever possible. The Trustees would be grateful if spectators would adhere to these guidelines.
- Spectator parking – a 2m distance between parked cars will be expected.
- No seating will be available at Hilltops, therefore spectators should please bring their own if required.
- Spectators should not touch the ball at any stage, even if returning it from the boundary edge.
- 2m Social distance from players and other spectators should be respected and complied with at all times.
- Toilets available in the main building. These will be signposted.