DOB: In the days of black and white TV.
Player type: Cheerful.
Playing role: All rounder.
Teams: A few, started for my village Hethersett, CEYMS/Barleycorns, mostly Swardeston.
Career best bowling: 5 wickets on a few occasions.
Career best batting: 116 not out.
- What is your proudest cricket achievement?
Being asked to be the Chairman of Swardeston CC.
- Who is the best cricketer you have played with?
13-year-old Robert Newton.
- What is your favourite ground other than The Common?
Always liked Ingham and Cromer.
- What one tip (piece of advice) would you pass on to our juniors?
Positive body language.
- How did your love of cricket blossom and develop, do your family or relatives play?
We lived in Kent when the Sunday JPL 40 started being televised on BBC2 every Sunday.
- Do you have a nickname, and if so please explain its significance?
Charm shield, Chairman, MT.
- Which team-mate has the best taste in clothes?
Certainly not Tony Bailey, probably Jimmy Nichols.
- Which team-mate is the tidiest in the changing room?
Certainly not Tony Bailey, Dean Tilford or Rob Newman.
- Which team-mate has the best taste in music?
Don ‘Ice Ice Baby’ Drepaulsingh.
- In your opinion who is the funniest player at the club?
So many and in no particular order, George Walker, Mark Thomas, the entire 2nd team circa 1990. Mark Walton, DT and not forgetting big Pete for his mood changes!
- What other sports do you enjoy playing and would recommend to youngsters to play and which may complement their cricket?
Golf and when younger rugby. Wish I had played hockey as no doubt would have helped with shot-making, Jez Elliot no finer example.