What is Dynamos Cricket
Dynamos Cricket provides boys and girls from 8-11 years old with 8 sessions of non-stop fun. Each week there will be a focus on a different cricket skill to build their confidence and ability, before they take part in a 60-ball countdown cricket match.
Dynamos Cricket will help grow your child’s love of the game, and will give them the opportunity to socialise and make friends in a safe environment.
We welcome all 8-11-year-olds to our 8-week Dynamos Cricket programme at Swardeston. All our sessions take place at the picturesque Swardeston Common and run from 5:30pm until 6.45pm each week! We cannot wait to see you in the summer!
Dates and times
- Thursday evenings 5.30pm until 6.45pm
- Starts Thursday 13 July for 8 weeks
- Final week Thursday 31 August
- Registration now open for previous participants
- Full registration and public launch takes place on 1 March 2023
For 8 sessions, personalised New Balance playing shirt, Topps Cricket Attax cards plus exclusive access to the Dynamos Cricket app for every player!
We cannot wait to see you in the summer!
Swardeston Dynamos Activator: Lewis Denmark
- Children will use soft balls and light wooden bats
- Minimum of six 60-90 minute sessions
- Introduction to game play through a countdown cricket match
- New Balance personalised t-shirt with name and number
- Valuable time with your kids – mums and dads are encouraged to take part too
- Complementary digital app experience
- Exclusive access to Topps Cricket Attax cards
- Safe and fully accredited
Dynamos Cricket App
The Dynamos Cricket app, designed both for those who have never played cricket before, and those looking to build on what they already know, is packed full of amazing features for all children aged 8+ to enjoy.
The skills videos and interactive quizzes provide lots of ways for children to get active – even with minimal space and equipment.
What will my child be doing?
Sessions begin with a 5-10 minute warm-up to get the children moving and recapping on gross motor skills and basic ball handling.
The sessions continue with skill builders for 15 minutes, providing everything children need to play, particularly focusing on bowling, which can be the make-or-break element of any game of cricket!
The session finishes with a game of countdown cricket that will take 30-45 minutes and give everyone a chance to participate in all elements of the game – batting, bowling and fielding.
Your child’s safety
The Dynamos Cricket programme is an initiative designed by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). The ECB requires all centres to undergo safeguarding, risk and insurance assessments before they are accredited. Alongside this, all Dynamos Cricket activators have received training and are fully checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Dynamos uses soft balls and light wooden bats that allow children to play the game while keeping them safe. Activators have a pack of equipment to support the children when they are learning how to catch, bowl and bat.