What is All Stars Cricket?
All Stars Cricket provides a fantastic first experience for all children aged 5-8 years old where they’re guaranteed 8 weeks of jam-packed fun, activity and skills development. The programme is designed to introduce children to the sport, teaching them new skills, helping them make new friends and have a great time doing so.
We welcome all 5-8 year olds to All Stars Cricket at Swardeston. All our session take place at the picturesque Swardeston Common and run from 9:30am to 10:30am each week!
Dates and times
- Sunday mornings at 9:30am until 10:30am
- Starts Sunday 15 May for 8 weeks
- Final week Sunday 3 July
- Registration now open
For an 8-week programme plus personalised participation pack for every player!
We cannot wait to see you in the summer!
Swardeston All Stars Activator: Lewis Denmark
For more information about your All Stars session contact Lewis.
Every child that registers will receive a backpack full of goodies. Your child’s pack will include:
- Cricket bat
- Cricket ball
- Personalised t-shirt with your child’s name
- Early sign-ups will also receive a cap (new participants only)
All children returning to All Stars will receive a kit bag, a set of stumps, a new ball and a personalised t-shirt.
Key course features include:
- A perfect first experience of cricket for all boys and girls aged 5-8 years-old
- Eight 60-minute sessions, held over 8 weeks
- All Stars Cricket kit bag
- Valuable time with your kids – mums and dads are encouraged to take part too
- Safe and fully accredited
What will my child be doing?
All Stars is all about giving children the best first experience of the sport, with an emphasis on fun!
Children will learn fundamental movement skills including catching, throwing and batting. Soft balls and plastic bats are used by everyone and all participants are given their very own cricket bag full of everything they need to play the game.
Every child will earn stars in their own activity booklet that match the skills learned during the programme:
- Batting – hitting a moving ball
- Throwing – underarm and overarm
- Catching – small and large balls
- Bowling – overarm
- Running – lots of movement
- Teamwork – fun games with friends
- Communication – the basics of cricket
- Spirit of Cricket – how to respect others
Your child’s safety
The All Stars Cricket programme is an initiative designed by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). The ECB requires all of the centres to undergo safeguarding, risk and insurance assessments before they are accredited. Alongside this, all of our All Stars Cricket activators have received training and are fully checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
All Stars Cricket uses soft balls and plastic bats that allow children to play the game while keeping them safe. Activators have a pack of equipment to support the children when they are learning how to catch, bowl and bat.